BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Ass. 1 (SAD1)

Based on your learning's of chapter 1, identify and discuss some characteristics you have as a good Systems Analyst. (at least 1000 words)

As what I remember in our group reporting regarding this chapter the reporters discussed what is a System Analyst and what are the different characteristics of a good System Analyst. As what I recall, System Analyst is a person who can solve a problem using the skills and attitude they have, they can manage a project by planning and analyzing the situation of a system and the possible outcome of it. A system analyst also is researches problems, plans solutions, recommends software and systems, and coordinates development to meet business or other requirements. They will be familiar with multiple approaches to problem-solving. Analysts are often familiar with a variety of programming languages, operating systems, and computer hardware platforms. Because they often write user requests into technical specifications. Being a good System Analyst you must be a problem solver, understanding, good listener, effective communicator, knowledgeable in technology, patience sand has a management skills and technical skills. I can compare those characteristics of a good System Analyst to myself.

First, a System Analyst is a problem solver. An analyst have this kind of characteristic because it is there duty in an organization to solve a problem in a system and find best solutions to it. In my case, every time there's a problem I'm trying to solve it properly and in a good manner. Sometimes problems kills me but because of my will to solve that problem there's a way where I can find a solution to it. Problems are everywhere, so that I'm always ready to face all of them and find some solutions to it. But before solving it I will first analyze what is the cause of that problem and persons behind to it. Because if I will not considered it there's a tendency that I will fail to find solutions.

Second, a System Analyst is understanding. An analyst have this characteristic because in there profession they need it much in order to have a good result to there assignments or projects. In my case, I can say I am an understanding person because if I'm not well I have nothing. Being an understanding person is important, you need to have this characteristic in order for you to be complete. You must understand the things surrounds you. Being a student I'm not trying bu to do my best to understand every lesson I have to learn and share it. Sometimes there's a what we call misunderstanding, its cause is when a person misinterpret the act of the another person and or the situation.

Third, a System Analyst is a good listener. An analyst must have this characteristic because we know they face or meet some people (client), for them to have a good result to there project they must listen to there client very well. In my case, as a daughter I need to be a good listener to my parents for me to have better future and right path to go through. It is important for me to listen to those words from my parents because it will help me to become a good person. Words that came out from our parents are words of protection and lessons to us.

Fourth, a System Analyst is an effective communicator. An analyst is an effective communicator because of there ability to work with people and understand the problem that a system solution can solve. In my case, as a person I need to have this kind of characteristic because it helps me to find some solutions to my problem.

Fifth, a System Analyst is knowledgeable in technology. An analyst are using technologies for there projects and works. Today's generation there's a fast changing in technologies, new inventions were made and others are continue making useful and adoptive technology. In reality technologies are helping people to make the work easier. So that many of us are trying there best to practice and learn the existing technology. In my case, as a student in Bachelor of Science in Information Technology I need to have knowledge in technology. It is part of my course to study, understand and operates some kind technologies like computers.

Sixth, a System Analyst is patience. An analyst must be patience in terms of making projects. It possibly occurs when the project he made is failed and his team member are lazy or not properly participating in the sad project. System Analyst must control his temper and mood when facing or interacting people especially his client and team members.

Seventh, a System Analyst has management skills. An analyst must has this kind of skills because many of the System Analyst are also a project manager. They are managing people in an organization. It's not easy to do this kind of job because many instances will occur. If the system analyst don't know what he is doing the project of the team he manage will fail. In my case, as student in our other subject we have some groupings and sometimes I was appointed as a leader to a group. Being a leader is not easy, you need to know your members and manage your members.

Lastly, a System Analyst has technical skills. An analyst must have this kind of skills because a good system analyst are good also in terms of programming or coding. Programming skills is important in making a project or system because how can you implement the system without this skills. A system analyst must be flexible in anything which is related to his job.


It is not easy to become a System Analyst because you need to have a wide learning's which will help you in your profession. In order to be successful try your best, love your work, keep your feet on the ground and especially keep God always in your life and thanks Him for what you have now in your life.

0 comments: